Supporting Farsi speaking student by empowering them to participate is significant activities.
Facilitating successful collaborative relationships between Iranian parents, students, and the Unified School Districts.
IIPA serves as a forum and offers resources, shares information, to parents and families; and helps students achieve their highest potentials.
We are working closely with school site council and PTAs, networks of Iranian parents, introducing Persian cultures and history in schools and community at large.
Mission of the IIPA:
- Is to support Farsi speaking students by empowering them to participate in significant activities
- IIPA serves as a forum and offers resources, shares information, to parents and families; and helps students achieve their highest potentials
Goals of the IIPA:
- Facilitates successful collaborative relationships between Iranian parents, students, and the Unified School Districts
- Assists on school work, curriculums, tardiness, teacher/parent issues
- Works closely with School Site Councils and PTAs
- Introduces Persian cultures & history in the schools and community at large
- Networks with Iranian parents
- Works with parents, teachers, administrators, and PTA Presidents
- Creates a closer relationship between homes and schools for betterment of children’s education
- Establish PACE (Program Advance of Cultural Education ) Program
- Goals are met through an advocacy and educational programs in coordination with parents, teachers, and the general public.
- Programs will be developed and implemented through network meetings, committees (Cultural, Entertainment, Education/ PACE *), special projects, cultural awareness days, such as; Nowruz (Persian New Year), Shabe Yalda (Longest Night of the Year), Mehregan (Festival of the Autumn), Char Shanbe Soori (Festival of the Fire), guest
NowRouz Festival 2016
Now Rouz Celebration 2017
- Membership in IIPA is open to any parents and guardians of Iranian American students
For more information please visit: www.iipacares.org
- Cultural Committee: This committee will work on all cultural related festivals and celebrations, bringing students, children and families together and enjoy a day filled with fun and meaningful.
- Entertainment Committee: This committee will find/ recruit performers, entertainers from schools, who are interested in performing at the festivals and events.
- PACE Committee: This committee stands for “Program Advance of Cultural Education” and will be working on recruiting teachers who are willing to support this mission.
- Set up Persian New Year tables at IUSD Schools
- Celebrating “Persian New Year”, “Mehregan”, “Shabe Yalda”, at schools, and in the community at large.
- Finding talented Iranian children in the areas of music, dance, art, and painting. Such as: Performers, dancers, musicians, painters
Dear Parents and Colleagues,
Exciting News!! You are invited to a FREE Luncheon workshop on “The Effects of Anger and Violence on Children” on June 4, 2017 from 10:30-12:00. This is a Farsi class for our Farsi speaking parents; however bilingual parents are most welcome. Children are also welcome, as long as they have their activities with them.
This is an important topic to lot of our parents and grandparents; our children are being bullied too often, being raised in an environment that is helpless. The child’s brain is so vulnerable and this course will teach you how to deal with different situation to raise a healthy and happy child. Do not miss this important FREE workshop. The seats are limited so call today to reserve your space.
To reserve your seats please call (909) 648-0514, or email: email@example.com
Attached please find the fliers in English and Farsi for your convenience.
Hope to see you there.
Neda Movahed, MPH
President, Irvine Iranian Parents Association (IIPA)
If you are interested in being involved with any of these committees, we need talented people like you, we appreciate your time, please email IIPA at:firstname.lastname@example.orgAt IIPA (Irvine Iranian Parent Association), we need supporters and volunteers just like you to help IIPA grow. Some of the most important people that keep the IIPA reaching its goal are our volunteers. Without them we would not be able to fully function. We greatly appreciate everything that our parent volunteers do for the IIPA. If you would like to be involved as a volunteer for a committee or an event, you will learn that it is a great way to help children, meet new parents, network with other organizations or just a fun way to give back to your school or community. We have many opportunities to volunteers in any of our committees or events. IIPA Board: If you are interested in being part of our Board, please let us know by emailing us. Gift Donation: We would greatly appreciate any monetary gifts to IIPA, all proceed will be spent for IIPA activity events such as Nowruz and Shabe Yalda. Please E-Mail: email@example.com.